There is a New Zealand Census coming up on Tuesday 6 March 2018. As at that day, there will be a data ‘snapshot’ of all people and dwellings in the country. It’s like Researcher Christmas!
If you’re planning to use 2018 census data in your research, you might like to attend a presentation and workshop next week run by Statistics New Zealand. They’ll talk about timelines for data release, and answer your questions. Details below.
Venue: Auckland Council Main Building, 135 Albert Street, Room 28.3
Time: Tue 13 Feb, 2-4pm
Registration: please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your name, role, organisation, and which session/s you wish to attend. Spaces will be limited; please register your interest soon.
Presentation (60 mins) – includes a Q&A session
For any customers interested in information coming from the 2018 Census, when it will be available, and our initial thinking around content and functionality.
Information we’ll cover:
- the 2018 Census proposed products and services mix
- customer questions about the 2018 data and products
- discussion on whether the proposed mix meets customer needs
- the first release of 2018 Census data.
Workshop (60 mins)
Targeted at customers who plan to use census data to create their own outputs:
- identifying customers planned uses of 2018 Census data
- timeliness of access to census data
- potential overlap in data outputs
- opportunities for collaboration.