Editor’s Note: This is the last in Scott’s 5-part series on online conferences. Find Scott’s earlier articles here: Part 1 on choosing a presentation format, Part 2 on preparing an oral presentation, Part 3 on preventing technical difficulties, and Part 4 on making a good impression. Thanks Scott for sharing your insights with us this week! Join us at our AUT Postgraduate Research Symposium on Friday 26 November to see an online event in action.
Here are some other resources to help you as you prepare for your online conference.
- Thesislink article: “How I Learned to Create Science Communication Videos on my Smartphone”
- Guidance from Zoom on how to share slides as a virtual background
- ThinkScience article: “Tips and Cautions for Virtual Presentations”
- YouTube video: “Academic Conferences on Zoom: 10 Tips on How to Present Online”
- Unito post: “Attending a Virtual Conference for the First Time? 5 Experts Share Their Tips”
- “How to Design an Effective Virtual Poster”